The latest on Saturday’s botched Times Square bombing attempt is a report that police are looking for a suspect of Pakistani descent who lives in Connecticut and has recently visited Pakistan. The man is said to have purchased the Nissan Pathfinder.
The latest report comes amid claims released yesterday in an audiotape from the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) that they were responsible for an attack which officials have described as “amateurish” and in at least one case “clownish.”
But while police say they have a number of leads, they still aren’t jumping to any conclusions and they insist that nothing has been ruled out. Though assembled in an extremely haphazard way, police say the bomb still was capable of doing some significant damage.
The TTP said the attack was retaliation for the US assassination of two members of al-Qaeda in Iraq, though at this point it is possible that they had nothing to do with the attack and are simply looking for credit.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Kills Top Afghan Officials in Insider Attack - October 18th, 2018
- US, Israel Send Secret Delegation to Ukraine to Train Against S-300 - October 17th, 2018
- Koreans Hold Talks With UN on Demilitarizing the Border - October 17th, 2018
- Pentagon Exaggerates ISIS Foreign Fighter Estimates to Justify Staying in Syria - October 17th, 2018
- Afghan Candidate Killed by Bomb Under His Office Chair - October 17th, 2018