Speaking today in Jerusalem, Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon warned that US pressure to make progress on the peace deal with the Palestinian Authority would make any such peace impossible.
Ayalon told a delegation that the Palestinians “are creating obstacles” that are keeping the peace process from moving forward, and insisted that Israel had “proven” its sincerity in wanting peace.
Ayalon’s party, Yisrael Beiteinu, is opposed in principle to the two-state solution, and party leader and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman has repeatedly condemned the idea of peace talks on general principle.
The most recent attempt at peace talks, a US-brokered indirect negotiation last month, came crashing down when Israel’s Interior Minister used the eve of the talks to announce a massive new settlement expansion.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017