Dubai police chief Lieutenant General Dahi Khaifan Tamim today warned that if it is proven that Mossad is behind last month’s assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in the city, they will seek an international arrest warrant against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Mabhouh, a top Hamas commander, was killed in a Dubai hotel shortly after arriving in the city. Israel has yet to directly confirm the killing, but has claimed that the militant was in Dubai to meet “Iranian officials.”
Lt. Gen. Khaifan dismissed the accusation, noting that Mabhouh could have just as easily stayed in Syria or gone to Iran if he wanted to meeting Iranian officials. Police say they have found no evidence Mabhouh was in Dubai on “business” for Hamas and warned both Israel and Hamas against using their city as a staging ground for future assassinations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Philippine Police Conduct Door-to-Door Drug Tests in Manila's Poor Neighborhoods - August 23rd, 2017
- Lockheed, Raytheon Get Contracts for New Nuclear Cruise Missile - August 23rd, 2017
- 16 Years Into War, Taliban's Presence Across Afghanistan Growing - August 23rd, 2017
- Yemen's Houthis Ban Political Activity Ahead of Planned Capital Rally - August 23rd, 2017
- US Has Thousands More Troops in Afghanistan Than Official Figure - August 23rd, 2017