Dubai police chief Lieutenant General Dahi Khaifan Tamim today warned that if it is proven that Mossad is behind last month’s assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in the city, they will seek an international arrest warrant against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Mabhouh, a top Hamas commander, was killed in a Dubai hotel shortly after arriving in the city. Israel has yet to directly confirm the killing, but has claimed that the militant was in Dubai to meet “Iranian officials.”
Lt. Gen. Khaifan dismissed the accusation, noting that Mabhouh could have just as easily stayed in Syria or gone to Iran if he wanted to meeting Iranian officials. Police say they have found no evidence Mabhouh was in Dubai on “business” for Hamas and warned both Israel and Hamas against using their city as a staging ground for future assassinations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018