Dubai police chief Lieutenant General Dahi Khaifan Tamim today warned that if it is proven that Mossad is behind last month’s assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in the city, they will seek an international arrest warrant against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Mabhouh, a top Hamas commander, was killed in a Dubai hotel shortly after arriving in the city. Israel has yet to directly confirm the killing, but has claimed that the militant was in Dubai to meet “Iranian officials.”
Lt. Gen. Khaifan dismissed the accusation, noting that Mabhouh could have just as easily stayed in Syria or gone to Iran if he wanted to meeting Iranian officials. Police say they have found no evidence Mabhouh was in Dubai on “business” for Hamas and warned both Israel and Hamas against using their city as a staging ground for future assassinations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US, Israel Send Secret Delegation to Ukraine to Train Against S-300 - October 17th, 2018
- Koreans Hold Talks With UN on Demilitarizing the Border - October 17th, 2018
- Pentagon Exaggerates ISIS Foreign Fighter Estimates to Justify Staying in Syria - October 17th, 2018
- Afghan Candidate Killed by Bomb Under His Office Chair - October 17th, 2018
- Trump: US Won't 'Walk Away From Saudi Arabia' - October 17th, 2018