Dubai police chief Lieutenant General Dahi Khaifan Tamim today warned that if it is proven that Mossad is behind last month’s assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in the city, they will seek an international arrest warrant against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Mabhouh, a top Hamas commander, was killed in a Dubai hotel shortly after arriving in the city. Israel has yet to directly confirm the killing, but has claimed that the militant was in Dubai to meet “Iranian officials.”
Lt. Gen. Khaifan dismissed the accusation, noting that Mabhouh could have just as easily stayed in Syria or gone to Iran if he wanted to meeting Iranian officials. Police say they have found no evidence Mabhouh was in Dubai on “business” for Hamas and warned both Israel and Hamas against using their city as a staging ground for future assassinations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Germany Suspends Training for Iraqi Kurdish Troops - October 18th, 2017
- Oil Firm Sees Congressional Vote on Iran Deal as Potential Positive - October 18th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Kills Six Civilians, Mostly Children, in North Yemen - October 18th, 2017
- Kurdish Independence at Risk Amid Iraqi Offensive - October 18th, 2017
- Catalonia Will Declare Independence If Spain Suspends Autonomy - October 18th, 2017