A week of fierce fighting among tribes in the remote Warrap state in South Sudan has left at least 140 people killed and 90 others wounded. The UN has promised to investigate the killings.
Locals say that the Nuer tribes attacked the Dinka tribe in a raid designed to steal cattle from them. The Dinka appear to have suffered most if not all of the casualties in the fighting.
South Sudan is still struggling to recover from a devastating 21 year civil war. Recent reports from aid groups have warned that rising violence may lead to a restart of the clash.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Yemeni Forces Stop Houthis Attempt to Reopen Hodeidah Supply Route - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Threatens to Send Military to Close Border With Mexico - October 18th, 2018
- US Opposes Koreas' New No-Fly Zone Plans - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Bans US Aid Groups From North Korea - October 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker: Trump Must End Intel Clampdown on Khashoggi - October 18th, 2018