Well over 100 casualties were reported today as Pakistan was rocked by multiple bombing attacks, the latest flurry of strikes in several months of attacks against sites since Pakistan invaded South Waziristan.
The biggest attack was against a military hospital in Muzaffarabad. The bomber detonated at the gates of the hospital, killing at least 10 people and wounding 81 others.
Another blast in Karachi was somewhat mysterious, as officials claimed it was a result of a gas-blockage, while witnesses say it involved a remote explosive. The attack left 31 wounded, and led to clashes between locals and the police.
Other bombings were reported, including the assassination of a political administrator in Pakistani Kashmir. It seems the attacks in the nation are far from over.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- General Seeks Permission to Declassify Sites of 'Dud' US Strikes in Mosul - August 17th, 2017
- Tillerson: US to Honor Japan Defense Pact, Including Contested Island Claims - August 17th, 2017
- South Korea's President Moon Rules Out War on Korean Peninsula - August 17th, 2017
- Assange Meets Rep. Rohrabacher, Vows to Prove Leaks Didn't Come From Russia - August 17th, 2017
- UN Report: Saudis Killed 502 Children in Yemen in Past Year - August 17th, 2017