Well over 100 casualties were reported today as Pakistan was rocked by multiple bombing attacks, the latest flurry of strikes in several months of attacks against sites since Pakistan invaded South Waziristan.
The biggest attack was against a military hospital in Muzaffarabad. The bomber detonated at the gates of the hospital, killing at least 10 people and wounding 81 others.
Another blast in Karachi was somewhat mysterious, as officials claimed it was a result of a gas-blockage, while witnesses say it involved a remote explosive. The attack left 31 wounded, and led to clashes between locals and the police.
Other bombings were reported, including the assassination of a political administrator in Pakistani Kashmir. It seems the attacks in the nation are far from over.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018