Well over 100 casualties were reported today as Pakistan was rocked by multiple bombing attacks, the latest flurry of strikes in several months of attacks against sites since Pakistan invaded South Waziristan.
The biggest attack was against a military hospital in Muzaffarabad. The bomber detonated at the gates of the hospital, killing at least 10 people and wounding 81 others.
Another blast in Karachi was somewhat mysterious, as officials claimed it was a result of a gas-blockage, while witnesses say it involved a remote explosive. The attack left 31 wounded, and led to clashes between locals and the police.
Other bombings were reported, including the assassination of a political administrator in Pakistani Kashmir. It seems the attacks in the nation are far from over.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017
- Bahrain Accuses Qatar of Seeking 'Military Escalation' - June 26th, 2017
- White House Appears to Be Planning Attack on Assad - June 26th, 2017
- Top Senator Blocks Gulf Arms Sales Over Qatar Crisis - June 26th, 2017