With North Korean envoy Ri Gun preparing for an almost unheard of visit to the United States, top American officials are making it clear that the direct negotiations the Ri visit was designed to accomplish aren’t likely to lead to anything productive.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates condemned the nation, accusing them of “seeming” to be willing to sell any nuclear technologies they developed and said that the United States would never accept North Korea having nuclear weapons.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took the rhetoric up another step, vowing that the United States would never have normal relations with North Korea’s government unless they took “verifiable, irreversible steps toward complete denuclearization.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Afghan Officials Warn Malistan District on the Verge of Collapse - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Overrun West Afghanistan District, Killing 37 Police and Civilians - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Slaughter Elite Afghan Troops, as 'Safe' District Is Falling - November 12th, 2018
- North Korea Warns US-South Korea Drills Violate Agreement - November 12th, 2018
- IAEA Report Shows Iran Continues to Honor Nuclear Deal - November 12th, 2018