At least ten people were killed and 14 wounded in a string of bombings today across Iraq. The attacks where in the city of Kirkuk and the village of Buhruz.
Eight were killed in the Buhruz bombing, including local Awakening Forces leader Laith Mashan. Mashan and two of his security were slain in the bombing of the marketplace in the Sunni village. He had a role in the arrests of several high profile al-Qaeda members.
Two Iraqi soldiers were killed in Kirkuk, which has been at the center of a growing split between Arabs and Kurds. Four others were wounded.
The bombings were just the latest in a rising number of bombings across the nation in recent weeks. On Sunday at least 25 people were killed in several coordinated Ramadi bombings.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pompeo Rejects EU Appeal for Iran Sanctions Exemptions - July 16th, 2018
- US Commander: Afghan ISIS Resilient to US Attacks, Almost Impossible to Defeat - July 16th, 2018
- Israel Attacks on Aleppo Air Base Killed at Least 22 - July 16th, 2018
- White House Orders Diplomats to Seek Direct Talks With Afghan Taliban - July 16th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018