At least ten people were killed and 14 wounded in a string of bombings today across Iraq. The attacks where in the city of Kirkuk and the village of Buhruz.
Eight were killed in the Buhruz bombing, including local Awakening Forces leader Laith Mashan. Mashan and two of his security were slain in the bombing of the marketplace in the Sunni village. He had a role in the arrests of several high profile al-Qaeda members.
Two Iraqi soldiers were killed in Kirkuk, which has been at the center of a growing split between Arabs and Kurds. Four others were wounded.
The bombings were just the latest in a rising number of bombings across the nation in recent weeks. On Sunday at least 25 people were killed in several coordinated Ramadi bombings.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: Saudis Dismembered Journalist While He Was Still Alive, Audio Recording Shows - October 17th, 2018
- Israeli Ambassador to France Slammed for Attempt to Censor News - October 16th, 2018
- Suspects in Journalist's Disappearance Linked to Saudi Crown Prince - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Turkey to Expand Military Operations Against Syrian Kurds - October 16th, 2018
- Koreas Agree to Reconnect Rail, Road Links - October 16th, 2018