President Again Claims to Have Uncovered 'Covert Facility'
Speaking in the wake of today’s Geneva talks, President Barack Obama publicly endorsed yesterday’s Iranian proposal to export uranium for third-party enrichment abroad for use in its US-built Tehran reactor, saying it was a good step in showing Iran wanted nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
At the same time, the president once again brought out the demonstably false claim that he had uncovered a “covert” Iranian nuclear facility in Qom. In fact the administration moved to “reveal” the facility last week only to learn that Iran had already declared the facility to the IAEA.
But Obama appeared considerably more optimistic about the talks than Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and he reiterated that Iran has every right to a civilian nuclear program.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian Parliament calls for Inquiry Into US Media Outlets - March 19th, 2017
- Trump Expands Special Forces Deployments Around Africa, Mideast - March 19th, 2017
- China Urges US to Remain 'Coolheaded' on North Korea - March 19th, 2017
- Three US Troops Wounded After Afghan Soldier Opens Fire - March 19th, 2017
- Israeli Cabinet Protests as Netanyahu Threatens Snap Elections - March 19th, 2017