According to the Pentagon, a US soldier today opened fire on his fellow GIs at Camp Liberty in Baghdad, Iraq, killing five of them and wounding two others. The soldier in question is reportedly in custody over the incident.
The shooting is said to have occurred at a counseling center on the base, where soldiers receive help for combat-related stress. No other details were readily available about the incident, which ties a bombing last month in Mosul for the most US soldiers killed in a single incident in 2009.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Furious Trump Threatens Iranian President Will 'Suffer Consequences' - July 22nd, 2018
- Ceasefire Allows Thousands of Yemenis to Flee Port City of Hodeidah - July 22nd, 2018
- Israel Evacuates Hundreds of White Helmets From Syria Into Jordan - July 22nd, 2018
- US Launches Campaign to Undermine Support for Iran's Leaders - July 22nd, 2018
- Israel Offers to Reopen Gaza Crossing on Tuesday If Ceasefire Holds - July 22nd, 2018