The Council of Islamic Organizations of Michigan (CIOM) has sent a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder asking him to investigate complaints that the FBI is approaching Michigan Muslims and asking them to to spy on their congregations.
The letter says several Muslims have been asked by the FBI to monitor people coming to mosques and how much money they donate. Executive director of the Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) Dawud Walid says the FBI appears to be on a “fishing expedition.” The FBI simply insisted that it “does not target innocent individuals.”
Muslim communities across America have been suspicious of the FBI since the revelation earlier this year that they planted a false convert in an Orange County mosque to get close to the “brother-in-law of Osama bin Laden’s bodyguard,” whom they reportedly attempt to press into spying for them before ultimately trying him for fraud. In the wake of the effort, several Muslim groups have threatened to suspend all contact with the FBI.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018
- Cordial Talks Between Trump and Putin; Two Will Meet Soon - March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Takes Area South of Damascus, Driving Out Army - March 20th, 2018
- Scores of Civilians Killed as Strikes Hit Eastern Ghouta School, Market - March 20th, 2018
- Turkey Threatens to Attack Syrian Town Held by US Troops - March 20th, 2018