During the raid, the ministry says US forces killed at least three of the mill’s security guards in their sleep, set fire to offices and searched through files and computers. It was unclear what prompted the raid and the US military declined to confirm the incident, though the statement claims a US officer returned to the scene later to apologize, saying the raid was a mistake.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Germany Suspends Training for Iraqi Kurdish Troops - October 18th, 2017
- Oil Firm Sees Congressional Vote on Iran Deal as Potential Positive - October 18th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Kills Six Civilians, Mostly Children, in North Yemen - October 18th, 2017
- Kurdish Independence at Risk Amid Iraqi Offensive - October 18th, 2017
- Catalonia Will Declare Independence If Spain Suspends Autonomy - October 18th, 2017