• Antiwar.com
  • Viewpoints
  • News
  • Blog
  • Contact Us
  • Donate

Israel Continues to Violate Lebanon Ceasefire, One Civilian in Latest Strikes

by Dave DeCamp | Dec 9, 2024

Israel continued its violations of the ceasefire in Lebanon on Monday by launching an airstrike in the southern Lebanese town of Bint Jbeil that killed at least one civilian and wounded four Lebanese soldiers. "The Israeli enemy targeted a car near the Saf...

read more

At Least Three Civilians Killed as Israel Escalates ‘Ceasefire’ Airstrikes in Southern Lebanon

by Jason Ditz | Dec 8, 2024

We’re more than a week into the Israel-Lebanon ceasefire. Israel has continued carrying out airstrikes against Lebanon despite the ceasefire, and the number and intensity of the strikes appear to be escalating this weekend. At least three civilians were killed today...

read more

Israeli Strike in Lebanon Injures Five as Ceasefire Violations Continue

by Dave DeCamp | Dec 5, 2024

On Thursday, an Israeli airstrike on the southern Lebanon town of Aitaroun injured five people, Lebanon's National News Agency reported, as Israeli violations of the ceasefire continue. According to a tally from Turkey's Anadolu Agency, there have been 137 Israeli...

read more

Blinken Claims Lebanon ‘Ceasefire Is Holding’ Despite Israeli Fire

by Dave DeCamp | Dec 4, 2024

Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Wednesday claimed the Lebanon ceasefire was "holding" despite repeated Israeli attacks on south Lebanon. At a press conference in Brussels, Blinken was asked if Israel had violated the ceasefire by bombing southern Lebanon but...

read more

Israel Again Bombs Lebanon as Netanyahu Says War Is Not Over

by Dave DeCamp | Dec 3, 2024

Israel launched more strikes on southern Lebanon on Tuesday despite a ceasefire deal that was supposed to take effect last Wednesday as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the war with Hezbollah is not over. Israeli strikes included an attack on the town of...

read more

After Days of Israeli Strikes on Lebanon That Violated Truce, Hezbollah Fires Back

by Dave DeCamp | Dec 2, 2024

Israel has launched dozens of strikes in Lebanon since a ceasefire was supposed to go into effect last week, and on Monday, Hezbollah fired back for the first time, launching two rockets toward Israeli-occupied territory as a "warning" shot, causing no casualties....

read more

At Least Two Killed as Israel Steps Up Attacks Across Southern Lebanon

by Jason Ditz | Dec 1, 2024

Media reports are adhering to the idea that the Lebanon ceasefire continues to hold. However, there is an awful lot of firing in southern Lebanon for that to actually be true. Israel began carrying out attacks on Thursday, and those attacks have escalated...

read more

Ceasefire Falters as Israel Launches Airstrikes, Artillery Shelling on Southern Lebanon

by Jason Ditz | Nov 28, 2024

The Israel-Lebanon ceasefire began Wednesday morning. Less than two days later, it seems to be faltering, with multiple reports of Israeli attacks across southern Lebanon, and claims of violations by both sides. Israel carried out an airstrike against the outskirts of...

read more

US Assured Israel It Could Take Action Against Hezbollah Under Ceasefire Deal

by Dave DeCamp | Nov 27, 2024

The US has given Israel a letter of assurance that Israel may bomb Hezbollah in Lebanon if it deems the group is violating the ceasefire deal that went into effect early Wednesday morning. Under the deal, Hezbollah has 60 days to withdraw its heavy weapons north of...

read more

Israeli Troops Fire on Journalists in Southern Lebanon, Ceasefire Mostly Holding

by Jason Ditz | Nov 27, 2024

There were pre-dawn celebrations in parts of the Lebanese capital city of Beirut as a ceasefire with Israel came into effect. The hope is that this will end the Israeli invasion of Lebanon and the constant airstrikes across much of the country. Just about 15 hours...

read more
Page 27 of 74First«...1020...26272829...4050...»Last
Scott Horton Provoked

Advertise on Antiwar.com

Search

Recent Stories

  • USS Gerald Ford Crossing the Atlantic Ocean as US Continues Major Mideast Buildup to Prepare for Attack on Iran
  • State Department Official: No ‘Gentlemen’s Agreement’ With Russia on Maintaining New START Limits
  • Trump Boasts About Ramped Up Embargo on Cuba: ‘There’s No Oil, No Money, No Anything’
  • US Launches Three More Airstrikes in Somalia
Randolph Bourne Institute

Topics

Turkey Syria Israel Russia North Korea Saudi Arabia ISIS Iraq Iran Obama Palestine Pakistan NATO Afghanistan Gaza China Ukraine Pentagon Yemen Trump

Resources

  • Regional News
  • Submission Guidelines
  • Advertise on Antiwar.com
  • Front Page Archives
  • Antiwar.com Newsletter
  • Reprint Policy
  • Donate to Antiwar.com
  • Front Page
  • Blog
  • News
  • Viewpoints
  • Submissions
  • About Us
  • Search
  • Donate

Follow Us

  • Follow
  • Follow
  • Follow
Reproduction of material from any original Antiwar.com pages without written permission is strictly prohibited.

©2025 Antiwar.com. All rights reserved.
A 501(c)3 Nonprofit, #71-0929026