Two people were killed today in the southern Lebanese town of Mayfadoun when they came upon unexploded ordinance left behind in a recent Israeli operation against the area. This brought the number of confirmed deaths in this year’s invasion of Lebanon to 4,346, with...
New Wave of Displacement in Lebanon as Israeli Occupation Looks Increasingly Permanent
Though the various “ceasefire” agreements between the Israel and Lebanon governments never really were at the point where anyone said it was safe for the 1.5 million displaced civilians to attempt to return home, the lack of provisions for the long-term displacement...
UN ‘Alarmed’ as Israeli Strikes Against Lebanon Surge Substantially
A UN spokesperson expressed concern at the “alarming” rate of Israeli strikes against southern Lebanon in recent days, as the UNIFIL peacekeeping force noted that they’ve documented an average of 137 projectiles fired into Lebanon from Israel daily over the past two...
Israel Steps Up Strikes, Offensive Against Southern Lebanon, Anticipates Ground Combat
Israeli forces continued their offensive against southern Lebanon on Monday, with an airstrike reportedly targeting a location in Wadi al-Hujair as Israeli ground vehicles advanced deeper into the country, with sporadic machine gun fire being reported. Troops are...
Aftermath of Saturday Strikes Leave Future of Israel-Lebanon Talks in Doubt
The future of Israel-Lebanon talks were already in significant doubt last week, with Israel openly talking about a long-term occupation and the talks apparently adjourned until September. Saturday’s attack adds substantially to the questions. On Saturday, Israeli...
Israeli Strikes Kill at Least 11 in Deadliest Lebanon Attack Since June
A flurry of Israeli airstrikes against southern Lebanon early on Saturday killed at least 11 people and wounded 19 others. This is the most substantial escalation since mid-June, and the deadliest attack since the June 20 agreement went into effect. The Israeli...
US Faults Israeli Defense Minister Over Plans for Long-Term Lebanon Occupation
On Wednesday, Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz was laying out plans for the open-ended Israeli occupation of parts of Lebanon, Syria and the Gaza Strip. Those statements weren’t in any way out of the ordinary, and very much in keeping with Israel’s stated policy,...
As Southern Lebanon Villages Erased, Israel Accused of Deliberately Starting Forest Fires
Wednesday saw Israel continuing to attack towns and villages across southern Lebanon, wounding several people in strikes on Mansouri, Beit Yahoun, and Zawtar al-Sharqiyeh. Such strikes are effectively a daily occurrence in those areas. That’s particularly true of...
Trump Says Lebanon Ceasefire ‘Working,’ Locals Would Beg to Differ
Seven rounds of US-brokered talks and six Israel-Lebanon deals later, President Trump maintains that the ceasefire is “working.” What exactly that means and who exactly it’s meant to be working for is unclear, but the residents of southern Lebanon are telling a very...
Israeli Strike in Lebanon Kills One Civilian, Wounds Another
Last updated 8/11/2026 4:55 PM EST Israeli forces carried out a double-tap attack against Nabatieh today, wounding two civilians in the initial strike and then attacking the ambulance that was attempting to rescue them. The ambulance was reportedly damaged, and no...


