• Antiwar.com
  • Viewpoints
  • News
  • Blog
  • Contact Us
  • Donate

Trump’s ‘Board of Peace’ Considers Abandoning Original Hamas Disarmament Plan Due To Israeli Pushback

by Dave DeCamp | Aug 18, 2026

President Trump's so-called "Board of Peace" is considering altering its framework for a Hamas disarmament deal due to pushback from Israel, The Times of Israel reported on Tuesday. Under the initial plan announced by President Trump, Hamas would begin...

read more

New Wave of Displacement in Lebanon as Israeli Occupation Looks Increasingly Permanent

by Jason Ditz | Aug 18, 2026

Though the various “ceasefire” agreements between the Israel and Lebanon governments never really were at the point where anyone said it was safe for the 1.5 million displaced civilians to attempt to return home, the lack of provisions for the long-term displacement...

read more

UN ‘Alarmed’ as Israeli Strikes Against Lebanon Surge Substantially

by Jason Ditz | Aug 18, 2026

A UN spokesperson expressed concern at the “alarming” rate of Israeli strikes against southern Lebanon in recent days, as the UNIFIL peacekeeping force noted that they’ve documented an average of 137 projectiles fired into Lebanon from Israel daily over the past two...

read more

Israeli Forces Bomb Gaza City Seaport, Killing Six, Including One Child

by Dave DeCamp | Aug 18, 2026

Israeli forces bombed a seaport in Gaza City on Tuesday evening, killing at least six Palestinians, including one child, as the IDF continues its constant violations of the US-backed ceasefire deal despite the US recently announcing that a deal had been reached to...

read more

Report: Kushner-Netanyahu Meeting Ends With Agreement That Israel Will Keep Bombing Gaza

by Dave DeCamp | Aug 17, 2026

A meeting between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, a long-time family friend of the Israeli leader, ended with an agreement that Israel will continue so-called "targeted strikes" in Gaza, Haaretz reported on...

read more

Israel Steps Up Strikes, Offensive Against Southern Lebanon, Anticipates Ground Combat

by Jason Ditz | Aug 17, 2026

Israeli forces continued their offensive against southern Lebanon on Monday, with an airstrike reportedly targeting a location in Wadi al-Hujair as Israeli ground vehicles advanced deeper into the country, with sporadic machine gun fire being reported. Troops are...

read more

Dozens of Israeli Raids on Southwest Syria Reported in Last Two Weeks

by Jason Ditz | Aug 16, 2026

Multiple new Israeli raids were reported in Syria over the weekend, including raids on villages in Quneitra and another incident on Friday in which Israeli forces opened fire on the western Daraa village of Maariyah. In Quneitra Governorate, troops raided Jbata...

read more

Israeli Forces Kill 14-Year-Old Boy in Gaza as IDF Continues Constant Ceasefire Violations

by Dave DeCamp | Aug 16, 2026

Israeli forces have killed a 14-year-old boy in Gaza as the IDF continues its constant violations of the US-backed ceasefire deal despite President Trump and the so-called "Board of Peace" recently announcing that a deal had been reached on Hamas disarmament....

read more

Aftermath of Saturday Strikes Leave Future of Israel-Lebanon Talks in Doubt

by Jason Ditz | Aug 16, 2026

The future of Israel-Lebanon talks were already in significant doubt last week, with Israel openly talking about a long-term occupation and the talks apparently adjourned until September. Saturday’s attack adds substantially to the questions. On Saturday, Israeli...

read more

‘They’re Not Even People’: Ben Gvir Says Israel Should Kill 30-40 Palestinians in Gaza Every Night

by Dave DeCamp | Aug 16, 2026

Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir has called for Israel to kill 30 to 40 Palestinians every night in Gaza and said there are people in the Strip "who are not worthy of life." Ben Gvir made the comments when discussing the reduction in Israeli attacks...

read more
Page 1 of 6521234...1020...»Last
REVOLUTION

Advertise on Antiwar.com

Search

Recent Stories

  • Trump’s ‘Board of Peace’ Considers Abandoning Original Hamas Disarmament Plan Due To Israeli Pushback
  • South Korea’s Lee Reaffirms Push for Military Independence After Trump Announces Scaled-Back Drills
  • New Wave of Displacement in Lebanon as Israeli Occupation Looks Increasingly Permanent
  • UN ‘Alarmed’ as Israeli Strikes Against Lebanon Surge Substantially
Randolph Bourne Institute

Topics

North Korea Obama Syria Palestine Saudi Arabia Pakistan Afghanistan Iraq China NATO Israel Ukraine Gaza ISIS Trump Yemen Russia Pentagon Iran Turkey

Resources

  • Regional News
  • Donate to Antiwar.com
  • Antiwar.com Newsletter
  • Reprint Policy
  • Advertise on Antiwar.com
  • Front Page Archives
  • Submission Guidelines
  • Front Page
  • Blog
  • News
  • Viewpoints
  • Submissions
  • About Us
  • Search
  • Donate

Follow Us

  • Follow
  • Follow
  • Follow
Reproduction of material from any original Antiwar.com pages without written permission is strictly prohibited.

©2025 Antiwar.com. All rights reserved.
A 501(c)3 Nonprofit, #71-0929026