Israeli Drone Attack in Northern Gaza Kills 13-Year-Old Boy

At least four other Palestinians were killed by IDF attacks in Gaza on Thursday

An Israeli drone attack in northern Gaza on Thursday killed a 13-year-old boy as the IDF continues its constant violations of the US-backed Gaza ceasefire deal.

Medics told Reuters that the boy, identified as Joud Mohammed al-Duweik, was killed when an Israeli drone dropped a grenade in the town of Beit Lahia. Several other Palestinians were wounded in the attack.

Al-Duewik was one of at least five Palestinians killed by Israeli attacks in Gaza on Thursday. According to the Quds News Network, two Palestinian aid truck drivers were killed by Israeli forces west of the southern city of Rafah.

Palestinians mourn the body of child Joud Mohammed al-Duweik at al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City on May 21, 2026, after he was killed in an Israeli drone strike targeting a group of civilians in Beit Lahia in the northern Gaza Strip (IMAGO/APAimages via Reuters Connect)

The Palestinian news agency WAFA reported that another Palestinian was killed in southern Gaza by Israeli fire near Khan Younis. In central Gaza, a 26-year-old woman, identified as Fatima al-Zahraa Ramzi al-Ma’ani, was killed by an Israeli drone attack near Deir el-Balah.

Gaza residents also told Reuters that in recent days, Israel has renewed the practice of ordering forced evacuations of areas before bombing them, with witnesses reporting at least three such warnings in the past two days, targeting two homes and a tent camp.

Gaza’s Health Ministry said in its daily update on Thursday, which it releases about midday Gaza time, that it recorded the Israeli killing of two Palestinians and the wounding of 27 over the previous 24-hour period. “A number of victims are still under the rubble and in the streets, as ambulance and civil defense crews have been unable to reach them so far,” the ministry wrote on Telegram.

The ministry added that since the so-called ceasefire deal was supposed to go into effect in October 2025, Israeli forces have killed at least 883 Palestinians and wounded 2,648.

Dave DeCamp is the news editor of Antiwar.com, follow him on Twitter @decampdave.

Join the Discussion!

We welcome thoughtful and respectful comments. Hateful language, illegal content, or attacks against Antiwar.com will be removed.

For more details, please see our Comment Policy.