More US airstrikes pounded Yemen on Wednesday as the US’s daily bombing campaign continues with no end in sight.
Yemeni Health Ministry spokesman Anees Alasbahi said at least one civilian was killed and one was wounded by US strikes on the Red Sea port of Ras Issa in the Hodeidah province.
Yemen’s SABA news agency also reported US airstrikes in the northern Saada province east of the city of Saada. According to an Al Mayadeen correspondent, 15 US strikes hit Saada.

A day earlier, US strikes hit a water management building and water infrastructure in Hodeidah. According to SABA, the water and sanitation corporation in Hodeidah condemned the US attack and said four of its employees were killed by the strike. Al-Masirah TV reported that the attack cut off water to 50,000 Yemenis.
Also on Wednesday, the Houthis, officially known as Ansar Allah, announced new attacks on US warships in the Red Sea. “In retaliation to the American aggression against our country, the naval, missile, and UAV forces of our armed forces targeted enemy warships in the Red Sea, led by the US aircraft carrier Truman, with a number of cruise missiles and drones in an ongoing engagement until the time of announcing this statement,” Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said.
Since President Trump unleashed the bombing campaign on March 15, the US military has shared virtually no details on its strikes in Yemen or the Houthi attacks on its warships. So far, there’s been no indication that any US ships have been hit, but the Houthis did shoot down another US MQ-9 Reaper drone.
The message from the White House about the bombing campaign has been that it’s a “success” despite the fact that the Houthis have shown no sign of backing down. Saree reaffirmed in his statement that Houthi operations “will not stop until the aggression against Gaza stops and the blockade is lifted.”