In the Obama administration’s “new-and-improved” covert war on terror, Africa is front and center. From the Atlantic shore across the Sahara to the Red Sea, the U.S. has deployed Marines and is militarily assisting a spate of African tyrannies engaged in warfare. Murky notions of al Qaeda-like enemies color the stated mission, but these expansions of empire into Africa are mostly secret.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013