The United States has had extensive covert activities going on in Somalia since 2003, primarily through the CIA and elite forces. Supposedly aimed at subverting warlords with connections to al Qaeda, the interventions soon got deeper. The details of the history of America’s clandestine operations in the horn of Africa over the past decade are only now becoming clear, as intelligence and military involvement expands under the Obama administration.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013