The recently announced co-chair of Presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s Middle East advisory group is Walid Phares. He is dubbed as an academic and a counter-terrorism expert and is one of the primary advisers of Romney’s foreign policy. But as Mother Jones reports, there’s one thing left off his list of qualifications: “He was a high ranking political official in a sectarian religious militia responsible for massacres during Lebanon’s brutal, 15-year civil war.” He was one of the ideological spearheads of a Christian faction of Lebanese militants which has been accused of committing atrocities. As a candidate, that’s how Romney picks ’em. How might he pick ’em as President?
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013