Afghan President Hamid Karzai threatened to invade Pakistan Sunday in response to cross-border attacks by Taliban-affiliated Pakistani militants.
Meanwhile, more than 1,100 prisoners — including hundreds of Taliban fighters — escaped from a Kandahar detention facility after an attack by suicide bombers and gunmen, and four US Marines died in a roadside bomb attack in Farah Province.
Last 5 posts by Eric Garris
- Rep. Holt Introduces 'Surveillance State Repeal Act' - July 25th, 2013
- Obama's Speech on National Security - May 21st, 2009
- Anger, Desperation Among Bajaur Civilians as Pakistani Govt Rejects Cease-fire - August 24th, 2008
- Karzai condemns US Strike That Killed 95, Fires Top General - August 23rd, 2008
- General: Russian Presence to Remain in Key Port City - August 23rd, 2008