In the course of his speech on the National Security Strategy, President Trump offered few specifics, but did take time out to talk up the need to move against North Korea, saying that the US “has no choice” but to deal with North Korea and its “challenge.”
Trump didn’t elaborate on what that would entail, but in past comments has repeatedly lambasted calls for diplomacy with North Korea, while threatening to “totally destroy” the country militarily.
Today’s comments were in a speech where the one recurring theme was protracted US military operations around the world, and promises to increase military spending even further than it already has been to ensure America’s overwhelming superiority.
Trump did claim that the world was united on the need to disarm North Korea, and he expressed confidence that allies would be helping when the US gets around to dealing with North Korea.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Major Clashes in Libyan Capital, at Least 20 Killed, Airport Closed - January 15th, 2018
- Aid Cranes Arrive at Key North Yemen Port of Hodeidah - January 15th, 2018
- Russia FM: Zone for US-Backed Rebels Could Split Syria - January 15th, 2018
- Syrian Army Vow to End US Presence in Syria - January 15th, 2018
- Syrian Rebels Push US to Resume Failed CIA Arms Smuggling Scheme - January 15th, 2018