Tensions between the United States and North Korea continue to soar, with speculation that the US could still attack North Korea at any moment, with the USS Carl Vinson and its carrier strike group expected to arrive in the vicinity in the next few days.
The Carl Vinson has been driving a lot of speculations lately, but South Korean officials saw another reason to be concerned, that the North Korean volleyball games taking place at one of their nuclear sites appear to have come to an end, which they used to speculate that another nuclear test could be imminent.
The intramural volleyball games at Punggye-ri have been the subject of considerable attention, with some speculating that the games were organized to “confuse” the United States, while North Korean state media offered no insight into what the games were all about.
North Korea’s state media, rather, has played up its ability to retaliate against any US attack that might take place, today claiming that they were ready to sink the Carl Vinson if fighting broke out. US officials have so far not been clear when the Carl Vinson will actually arrive.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Awash in US Arms, Vehicles, Complicate Afghan War - July 25th, 2017
- Blockading States Expand Qatar 'Terror' Blacklist - July 25th, 2017
- US SOCOM Chief Claims 60,000 to 70,000 ISIS Fighters Killed so Far - July 25th, 2017
- Trump Pledges Support for Lebanon's Anti-ISIS Push - July 25th, 2017
- Video Shows Six Minute Gunbattle in Which Jordan Guard Killed US Troops - July 25th, 2017