In her last major speech as US Ambassador to the United Nations, Samantha Power went on another protracted tirade against Russia today, declaring them a threat to the entire world order, and of a “deny and lie” policy about all of their misdeeds.
Power went on to warn President-elect Donald Trump against lifting any sanctions against Russia, insisting that the “punitive measures” can’t be removed without “emboldening Russia” internationally. She also accused Russia of attempting to influence multiple upcoming Western elections.
Power has made it a point in her last few months in office to react furiously to anything even tangentially related to Russia, expressing outrage back in September when Russia called a UN Security Council meeting over the US attacking and killed 83 Syrian troops in the middle of a US-Russia brokered ceasefire.
Power’s time as ambassador will end on Friday, with Nikki Haley picked to replace her. Haley has mostly not been condemning Russia in recent comments, instead focusing on condemning the United Nations in general and accusing them of being unfair to Israel.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Qatar: Additions to Terror Blacklist Are Baseless - July 26th, 2017
- Trump Slams Hezbollah After Praising Its Anti-ISIS Operation - July 26th, 2017
- Mosul Bloodbath: Iraqi Forces Admit to Killing Women and Children - July 26th, 2017
- Even After Months of Fighting, Mosul Is Rife With Booby Traps - July 26th, 2017
- Russia: Baltic Wargames With China Are Not a Threat - July 26th, 2017