Doctors Without Borders (MSF) has reported that for the second time this month, one of their hospitals in Yemen was destroyed by a Saudi airstrike, this time in the contested city of Taiz. The attack left the clinic badly damaged, and at least nine wounded.
MSF Yemen Director Jerome Alin said there was “no way” the Saudis didn’t know the facility was a hospital, and that MSF had been giving them the coordinates of all their sites on a regular basis, most recently on November 29.
Saudi officials have so far refused to comment on the most recent attack, which adds to a soaring number of complaints about the humanitarian calamity that the airstrikes have caused across Yemen, including massive civilian death tolls.
Human Rights Watch also called out the US for playing a direct role in coordinating Saudi airstrikes, saying they too could be liable for violations of the laws of war by the Saudis. The US Air Force has personnel in Saudi Arabia helping to plan the airstrikes, and also performs mid-air refueling of Saudi bombers.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cleric Sadr Calls for Delay in Forming Iraqi Govt as Protests Grow - July 19th, 2018
- Putin: Talks on Extending START Nuclear Treaty Must Start Now - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Invites Putin to White House for Second Summit - July 19th, 2018
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018