Two people are dead and six wounded, and another seven people were arrested in an overnight raid on an apartment in the Paris suburb of Saint-Denis, near the stadium which was the target of one of the Friday ISIS attacks.
The raid targeted several people involved in the Friday attacks, including mastermind Abdel-Hamid Abaoud, though so far it was unclear if he was present at the site during the raid, as French officials are not offering details on who was arrested.
Locals reported several explosions, the largest of which appears to have been the result of one of the women in the raided apartment detonating a suicide vest when the police forced their way in. Police apparently had been following the woman, who they believed was connected to the attackers.
A resident named Jawad Ben Dow reported his apartment was the target for the raid, and that he had been asked to put two people up in the apartment as a favor for somebody. Those two were apparently among the targets of the raid.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Militia Chief Wants Fighters Placed Under National Army - December 14th, 2017
- US Troops, Syrian Rebels Battle ISIS Near Key Base - December 14th, 2017
- US Will Preposition Jet Fuel in Algeria, Niger to Expand Drone Wars - December 14th, 2017
- US Warplanes Fire Warning Flares at Russian Jets Over Syria - December 14th, 2017
- Iran: US Presentation of Iranian Arms in Yemen Fabricated - December 14th, 2017