Fresh off of yesterday’s story that the FBI is coming under increasing criticism for detaining people on trumped up charges they can’t back up in court, the FBI has announced the arrest of 23-year-old Harlem Suarez of Key West, on charges of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction.
The weapon in question was a fake backpack bomb made by the FBI, and the claims center around reports Suarez bought some nails, and that subsequently that would make this a nail bomb, which he might conceivably have put on the beach and killed people, if it was a real bomb.
The allegations surrounding the case, as usual, seem to be extremely weak, with the report conceding Suarez had no idea how to make a bomb, and also claimed that he “placed an order” for an AK-47 online, but never got one because you can’t actually buy assault rifles online like that.
Everything that was actually done in this case seems to have been done by the FBI undercover operatives, including making the fake bomb, and making a video for Juarez to upload in which he extolled Muslims to buy AK-47s.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition to Open Humanitarian Corridors Out of Yemen's Hodeidah Port - September 24th, 2018
- Trump Expects Announcement of Second Summit With North Korea 'Pretty Soon' - September 24th, 2018
- US Troops Will Remain in Syria, Officials Say - September 24th, 2018
- Bolton Slams Russia, Says S-300 Sale in Syria Is 'Significant Escalation' - September 24th, 2018
- Russia Will Provide S-300 Air Defense to Syria - September 24th, 2018