Fresh off of yesterday’s story that the FBI is coming under increasing criticism for detaining people on trumped up charges they can’t back up in court, the FBI has announced the arrest of 23-year-old Harlem Suarez of Key West, on charges of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction.
The weapon in question was a fake backpack bomb made by the FBI, and the claims center around reports Suarez bought some nails, and that subsequently that would make this a nail bomb, which he might conceivably have put on the beach and killed people, if it was a real bomb.
The allegations surrounding the case, as usual, seem to be extremely weak, with the report conceding Suarez had no idea how to make a bomb, and also claimed that he “placed an order” for an AK-47 online, but never got one because you can’t actually buy assault rifles online like that.
Everything that was actually done in this case seems to have been done by the FBI undercover operatives, including making the fake bomb, and making a video for Juarez to upload in which he extolled Muslims to buy AK-47s.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- State Dept: US to Open Israel's Jerusalem Embassy in May - February 23rd, 2018
- Pentagon Looks for Another Job for McMaster, Possibly Afghanistan - February 22nd, 2018
- Russia Blocks UN Ceasefire Call on Eastern Ghouta Over Islamists' Inclusion - February 22nd, 2018
- Aid Group Faults Saudi 'Aid' Plan for Yemen as War Tactic - February 22nd, 2018
- Top Turkish Official Accuses Kurds of Releasing ISIS for Terror Attacks - February 22nd, 2018