Presidential hopeful Jeb Bush is attempting to backtrack from his comments in support of the Iraq War, now claiming he “misheard” the question.
The question in question was “knowing what we know now, would you have authorized the invasion,” and Bush confirmed that he would have.
One of the most disastrous and unpopular wars in a generation, the Iraq War was launched by Jeb’s brother George W. Bush on faulty claims of Iraqi WMDs.
Even among a Republican primary lineup trying to out-hawk each other at every term, many are distancing themselves from Bush’s comments, and are seeing any mention of the Iraq War as a losing proposition.
The fact that Bush is making so much of his brother being a key adviser to his campaign makes the legacy of the Iraq War all the bigger an issue for him, and with both his brother and his father having their respective presidential legacies inexorably linked to Iraq Wars, Jeb could quickly find his comments on Iraq derailing his own campaign before it really begins.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017