Speaking today on Fox News, hawkish Senator Lindsey Graham (R – SC) has promised that Congress will use its power under a compromise nuclear review deal to block any deal made with Iran.
“I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance in hell this framework will get approved by Congress,” Graham insisted, predicting that not a single Republican or Democrat would allow the pact to stand.
Sen. Graham, who has designs on running for president in 2016, bragged that the nuclear deal is “deteriorating before our eyes” and insisted that his own foreign policy view, the most hawkish among potential candidates, is the best.
A compromise deal in the Senate was expected to give them enough votes to override a presidential veto, and now the Obama Administration is saying the president will sign it at any rate.
The deal will give Congress the power to effectively veto any deal the P5+1 reaches with Iran on the nation’s civilian nuclear program. Given intense Israeli lobbying against any deal to Congress, it is seen as probable, as predicted by Graham, that Congress will kill any nuclear deal reached.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- German Companies Continue to Withdraw From Iran - September 21st, 2018
- As Afghan Military Deaths Soar, Officials Struggle to Keep Toll Secret - September 21st, 2018
- Afghan Officials Will Meet Taliban in Moscow - September 21st, 2018
- Pompeo: US Preparing a 'Series of Actions' Against Venezuela - September 21st, 2018
- China Outraged at US Sanctions for Buying Russia Arms - September 21st, 2018