At least 76 people were killed in the past 24 hours, as Saudi warplanes escalated their attacks against southern Yemen, and Saudi allies fought with Houthi fighters in the region.
40 were killed in the city of Aden alone, as airstrikes backed up a round of pushes by a pro-Hadi force against Houthi forces in the vital southern port city. At least 20 more were killed at al-Anad, not far from the city.
Other fighting was reported in and around Taiz, not far from Aden, as two different factions of the Yemeni military fought over a base, with the pro-Hadi faction getting backed by Saudi airdrops.
Additional airstrikes were reported against targets inside the capital city of Sanaa, though death tolls have yet to come out of those strikes. Witnesses reported columns of smoke rising from an arms depot that was one of the main targets.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- To Get Hurricane Aid, Dickinson, TX Residents Must Swear They Won't Boycott Israel - October 20th, 2017
- Suicide Bombers Hit Afghan Shi'ite Mosques, Killing 72 - October 20th, 2017
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017