Failed fascist presidential candidate Dmytro Yarosh has been appointed to a top military advisory position in Ukraine this week, with officials saying he will serve as a link between the military and ultra-nationalist volunteer battalions in the civil war.
Yarosh only mustered about 1% of the vote in the last election, and since then he’s threatened to blow up the nation’s gas pipelines to spite Russia and in late January threatened to establish an “alternative government” with himself as the head.
Yarosh’s party, the Right Sector, was formed by various fascist and neo-Nazi factions in the Maidan protests. A spokesman for the Right Sector is now bragging that with Yarosh’s appointment the party will be funded directly by the Defense Ministry.
Yarosh is also on an Interpol wanted list since July, following a request by Russia, which has charged him with incitement to terrorism for the comments about the gas pipelines.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Corrects Tillerson, Rejects North Korea Talks - December 13th, 2017
- White House Accuses Abbas of 'Preventing Peace' With Criticism - December 13th, 2017
- US Expected to Sanction Iran Because of Worsening Conditions in Yemen - December 13th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrikes Against Yemen Capital Kill 39 - December 13th, 2017
- Yemen's Pro-Saleh Faction, Houthis Make a Deal to End Dispute - December 13th, 2017