Adding to the civilian death toll in the Saudi-led war on Yemen, Saudi warplanes attacked a military base in the city of Ibb today and hit a nearby school, killing at least two, and according to some accounts three students.
Five bombs were reportedly dropped near the base, which was 500 meters from the school. There were no casualties on the base, and apparently everyone hit was students at the school.
The governor’s office reported that not only were two students killed, but that at least six others were wounded. They claimed the base was targeted because the Houthis had been using it as a coordination point for reinforcing nearby provinces.
Saudi strikes have killed hundreds of civilians over the past week and a half, and have vowed to continue the strikes until Yemenis agree to reinstall former President Hadi as their ruler.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017