Adding to the civilian death toll in the Saudi-led war on Yemen, Saudi warplanes attacked a military base in the city of Ibb today and hit a nearby school, killing at least two, and according to some accounts three students.
Five bombs were reportedly dropped near the base, which was 500 meters from the school. There were no casualties on the base, and apparently everyone hit was students at the school.
The governor’s office reported that not only were two students killed, but that at least six others were wounded. They claimed the base was targeted because the Houthis had been using it as a coordination point for reinforcing nearby provinces.
Saudi strikes have killed hundreds of civilians over the past week and a half, and have vowed to continue the strikes until Yemenis agree to reinstall former President Hadi as their ruler.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Administration Says 2001 AUMF Authorizes Endless Iraq, Syria Presence - February 22nd, 2018
- Most of the Missing Nigerian Girls Found After Boko Haram Attack - February 21st, 2018
- Iraqi Ambassador Slams Turkish 'Invaders' on Iraqi Soil - February 21st, 2018
- Trump Plan Seeks Major Boost to Already Record Arms Sales - February 21st, 2018
- Syria Sends More Fighters to Afrin in High-Stakes Standoff With Turkey - February 21st, 2018