Saudi officials were quick to deny responsibility for the killings, and declared that the Houthis they are at war with inexplicably attacked the camp. This was in spite of Saudi officials bragging only yesterday they’d destroyed every warplane in Yemen.
Doctors Without Borders and other aid groups confirmed that the attack was indeed an airstrike, and there seems no serious doubt it was a Saudi strike, just the latest in an air campaign that is increasingly targeting civilians.
The Saudis began attacking Yemen last week, promising to reinstall Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi as ruler, after Hadi resigned in January and fled the country. Some 150,000 Saudi troops are massed at the border, though the timing of a ground invasion remains unclear.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017
- Report: ISIS Attacks Grew in 2016, Despite Shrinking Territory - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Promises to 'Deal With Pakistan' on Afghan War - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Declares Open-Ended War in Afghanistan - August 21st, 2017
- Trump's Pentagon to Spend Nearly $500 Million on Gitmo Construction - August 21st, 2017