Despite a ceasefire having held in Ukraine’s Civil War for a couple of weeks now, US officials are still pushing the Obama Administration to follow through and start delivering arms to the Ukrainian military to fight this conflict.
US officials continue to insist the rebels are “violating” the ceasefire, despite death tolls in the conflict having fallen to virtually none, and are presenting this as Russia’s fault, despite Russia’s effort to negotiate the ceasefire, and a number of US officials openly opposing it.
House Speaker John Boehner (R – OH) is leading a Congressional push to arm Ukraine specifically to fight Russia, claiming Russia is in “grotesque violation of international law” and that the arms would stop them.
Though officials are publicly treating the arms as a cure-all for a civil war that is in a state of truce at any rate, privately many are conceding that sending the arms will force Russia to increase its own aid to the eastern rebels, and simply add fuel to the fire.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018