Former Mossad Chief Meir Dagan has been harshly critical of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on several occasions in the past, but today he warned the premier is taking “intolerable” risks with his US policy.
Dagan said Netanyahu had caused Israel “heavy strategic damage on the Iranian issue” by antagonizing the Obama Administration, saying his planned visit to DC is “doomed from the get-go.”
Dagan went on to warn that the US was getting so alienated that the “veto umbrella” Israel has long relied on to get away with flouting international norms in the occupied territories could disappear, and Israel would almost certainly start facing international sanctions if that were the case.
Dagan is said to be the main speaker at a major anti-Netanyahu rally scheduled for March 7. He was also critical of the latest Gaza War, saying it hadn’t accomplished anything but given Netanyahu a chance for “getting photographed with maps.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017
- Bahrain Accuses Qatar of Seeking 'Military Escalation' - June 26th, 2017
- White House Appears to Be Planning Attack on Assad - June 26th, 2017
- Top Senator Blocks Gulf Arms Sales Over Qatar Crisis - June 26th, 2017