Former Mossad Chief Meir Dagan has been harshly critical of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on several occasions in the past, but today he warned the premier is taking “intolerable” risks with his US policy.
Dagan said Netanyahu had caused Israel “heavy strategic damage on the Iranian issue” by antagonizing the Obama Administration, saying his planned visit to DC is “doomed from the get-go.”
Dagan went on to warn that the US was getting so alienated that the “veto umbrella” Israel has long relied on to get away with flouting international norms in the occupied territories could disappear, and Israel would almost certainly start facing international sanctions if that were the case.
Dagan is said to be the main speaker at a major anti-Netanyahu rally scheduled for March 7. He was also critical of the latest Gaza War, saying it hadn’t accomplished anything but given Netanyahu a chance for “getting photographed with maps.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Afghan Officials Warn Malistan District on the Verge of Collapse - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Overrun West Afghanistan District, Killing 37 Police and Civilians - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Slaughter Elite Afghan Troops, as 'Safe' District Is Falling - November 12th, 2018
- North Korea Warns US-South Korea Drills Violate Agreement - November 12th, 2018
- IAEA Report Shows Iran Continues to Honor Nuclear Deal - November 12th, 2018