On Sunday, Ukraine’s rebels announced they were withdrawing heavy weapons from the front lines of the civil war, per the agreement reached on a ceasefire in Minsk earlier this month.
There are photos of the pullout, and Reuters reporters witnessed multiple rebel convoys of artillery and anti-aircraft weapons being withdrawn from Debaltseve to the capital of Donetsk. The Ukraine military still says its all a trick.
Military spokesmen claimed the pullout was “empty words,” and that the rebels were actually building up forces on the front line, despite all the evidence to the contrary.
The military’s denials are more about justifying their own decision to renege on the heavy weapon pullback, but reflects their bizarre disconnect with facts and evidence. In addition to claiming Russian invasions that no one ever sees, they are also claiming that the things people actually are seeing aren’t actually happening.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Kills Over 60 Syrian Troops in 48 Hours of Attacks - April 20th, 2019
- US Intel Doubts North Korea Weapons Test Was Successful - April 19th, 2019
- Ecuador Judge Orders Detention of Former Foreign Minister Connected to Assange - April 19th, 2019
- US Reveals Support for Former CIA Asset Hafter in Libya - April 19th, 2019
- Pompeo Dismisses North Korea Demands, Says He Can't Be Removed From Talks - April 19th, 2019