On Sunday, Ukraine’s rebels announced they were withdrawing heavy weapons from the front lines of the civil war, per the agreement reached on a ceasefire in Minsk earlier this month.
There are photos of the pullout, and Reuters reporters witnessed multiple rebel convoys of artillery and anti-aircraft weapons being withdrawn from Debaltseve to the capital of Donetsk. The Ukraine military still says its all a trick.
Military spokesmen claimed the pullout was “empty words,” and that the rebels were actually building up forces on the front line, despite all the evidence to the contrary.
The military’s denials are more about justifying their own decision to renege on the heavy weapon pullback, but reflects their bizarre disconnect with facts and evidence. In addition to claiming Russian invasions that no one ever sees, they are also claiming that the things people actually are seeing aren’t actually happening.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Struggles With Fighting Between Turkey, Syrian Kurds, Two Key Allies - January 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Escalates Attack on Syrian Kurds - January 22nd, 2018
- Syrian Kurds May Send Reinforcements to Afrin to Fight Turkey - January 22nd, 2018
- Facebook Will Use Surveys to Decide What Is 'Trustworthy' News - January 22nd, 2018
- Pence Praises 'the Miracle of Israel,' Pledges Embassy Move in 2019 - January 22nd, 2018