The relationship between the United States and Israel is getting worse by the day, and Israeli Premier Benjamin Netanyahu continues to rail at the US in a way that is probably only going to get worse leading up to next month’s election.
Netanyahu has been furiously condemning the US for its nuclear negotiations with Iran, mostly recently claiming that since the US stopped sharing information he has come across secret information showing the deal is even worse than he imagined.
The State Department once again fired back on the allegation, saying that no deal even exists yet, so Netanyahu couldn’t possibly have secretly gotten a copy of it.
State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki says Netanyahu sounds like he knows more than the actual negotiators involved in the talks. The US has accused Netanyahu of leaking parts of the negotiations out of context to try to sabotage the talks.
Where would they get that idea? Well earlier this month Netanyahu publicly vowed he would do anything in his power to sabotage the negotiations between the United States and Iran.
Netanyahu is coming to speak to Congress early in March, just before the Israeli election, and seems to be running a campaign almost entirely on his own hostility toward the Obama Administration at this point. Expect that strategy to continue until the vote.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ukrainian Bishops Bow to Govt, Create Church Independent of Russia - December 16th, 2018
- FM: Turkey Will Keep Striking PKK in Northern Iraq - December 16th, 2018
- Afghan Airstrikes Kill 20 Civilians, Mostly Children, in Eastern Raid - December 16th, 2018
- Fighting Rages Around Yemen's Hodeidah; Ceasefire Pushed Back to Tuesday - December 16th, 2018
- Saudi Arabia Condemns US Senate for 'Interference' - December 16th, 2018