Three US military contractors were killed today in a shooting at the Kabul Airport, when an Afghan soldier opened fire on them. The soldier was also killed in the incident.
The deaths fueled immediate speculation that it was another “insider attack” of the type that has been so common throughout the NATO occupation of Afghanistan.
Afghan officials, however, say they are still unclear exactly what the reason was for the shooting, and that they intend to conduct an investigation into the matter.
Details on exactly what started the incident are scant, though in the past such shootings have not always been the case of “Taliban infiltration,” and at times such shootings were simply the result of arguments.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea's Moon Ratifies Recent North Korea Deals - October 23rd, 2018
- Pence Won't Rule Out Nukes in Space - October 23rd, 2018
- Syrian Observatory: US Has Killed Over 3,000 Civilians in Syria Since 2014 - October 23rd, 2018
- Bolton: US Plans Talks With Allies Before Leaving Nuclear Pact - October 23rd, 2018
- Bolton Rejects Russian Call to Stay in Nuclear Treaty - October 23rd, 2018