Three US military contractors were killed today in a shooting at the Kabul Airport, when an Afghan soldier opened fire on them. The soldier was also killed in the incident.
The deaths fueled immediate speculation that it was another “insider attack” of the type that has been so common throughout the NATO occupation of Afghanistan.
Afghan officials, however, say they are still unclear exactly what the reason was for the shooting, and that they intend to conduct an investigation into the matter.
Details on exactly what started the incident are scant, though in the past such shootings have not always been the case of “Taliban infiltration,” and at times such shootings were simply the result of arguments.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-South Korea Spring War Games to Be Scaled Back This Year - March 21st, 2018
- Trump to Boost Exports of Lethal US Drones - March 20th, 2018
- Tests of Substance in Britain Poisoning Will Take Three Weeks - March 20th, 2018
- Iraq Approves Turkish Military Operations Against Border Kurds - March 20th, 2018
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018