Three US military contractors were killed today in a shooting at the Kabul Airport, when an Afghan soldier opened fire on them. The soldier was also killed in the incident.
The deaths fueled immediate speculation that it was another “insider attack” of the type that has been so common throughout the NATO occupation of Afghanistan.
Afghan officials, however, say they are still unclear exactly what the reason was for the shooting, and that they intend to conduct an investigation into the matter.
Details on exactly what started the incident are scant, though in the past such shootings have not always been the case of “Taliban infiltration,” and at times such shootings were simply the result of arguments.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017