Three US military contractors were killed today in a shooting at the Kabul Airport, when an Afghan soldier opened fire on them. The soldier was also killed in the incident.
The deaths fueled immediate speculation that it was another “insider attack” of the type that has been so common throughout the NATO occupation of Afghanistan.
Afghan officials, however, say they are still unclear exactly what the reason was for the shooting, and that they intend to conduct an investigation into the matter.
Details on exactly what started the incident are scant, though in the past such shootings have not always been the case of “Taliban infiltration,” and at times such shootings were simply the result of arguments.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Peshmerga: Iraqi Offensive Is a 'Declaration of War' - October 16th, 2017
- Thousands Flee as Iraqi Forces Seize Kirkuk - October 16th, 2017
- Pentagon Backs Away as US Allies Prepare to Battle in Iraqi Kurdistan - October 16th, 2017
- North Korea Rejects US Talks Amid Threats - October 16th, 2017
- Spain Ratchets Up Threats as Catalonia Refuses to Respond - October 16th, 2017