Speaking today from a Paris counter-terrorism summit, Attorney General Eric Holder declared the United States to be “at war” with “lone wolf” terrorists who are able to “float under the radar screens.”
Exactly how a nation can he at war with people who by definition don’t have any explicit affiliation is unclear, but Holder insisted the administration is determined to “take the fight” to the lone wolves.
Officials have been keen to present lone wolves as a major problem since the Ottawa attack, which was carried out by a man with no known connections to any terror groups.
Rep. Michael McCaul (R – TX) urged Europe to impose more travel restrictions to prevent would-be fighters from being able to go to Yemen and Syria to get training from militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinian Authority Rejects Israel's New al-Aqsa Security Measures - July 25th, 2017
- Libyan Unity Govt, Key General Agree to Ceasefire - July 25th, 2017
- European Union 'Stands Ready to Act' Over US Sanctions on Russia - July 24th, 2017
- Hezbollah: Border Fighting Against Nusra Is Almost Won - July 24th, 2017
- Israel Removes Metal Detectors From Around al-Aqsa Mosque - July 24th, 2017