Speaking today from a Paris counter-terrorism summit, Attorney General Eric Holder declared the United States to be “at war” with “lone wolf” terrorists who are able to “float under the radar screens.”
Exactly how a nation can he at war with people who by definition don’t have any explicit affiliation is unclear, but Holder insisted the administration is determined to “take the fight” to the lone wolves.
Officials have been keen to present lone wolves as a major problem since the Ottawa attack, which was carried out by a man with no known connections to any terror groups.
Rep. Michael McCaul (R – TX) urged Europe to impose more travel restrictions to prevent would-be fighters from being able to go to Yemen and Syria to get training from militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Warplanes Attack Damascus Airport - September 22nd, 2017
- New US Sanctions Target North Korea's Trading Partners, Banks - September 21st, 2017
- Catalan Officials: Police Raids Are a Blow to Referendum - September 21st, 2017
- Russia Warns It Would Retaliate Against US Forces in Syria If Provoked - September 21st, 2017
- Tillerson: Iran 'Technically' Complying With Nuclear Deal - September 21st, 2017