Speaking today from a Paris counter-terrorism summit, Attorney General Eric Holder declared the United States to be “at war” with “lone wolf” terrorists who are able to “float under the radar screens.”
Exactly how a nation can he at war with people who by definition don’t have any explicit affiliation is unclear, but Holder insisted the administration is determined to “take the fight” to the lone wolves.
Officials have been keen to present lone wolves as a major problem since the Ottawa attack, which was carried out by a man with no known connections to any terror groups.
Rep. Michael McCaul (R – TX) urged Europe to impose more travel restrictions to prevent would-be fighters from being able to go to Yemen and Syria to get training from militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu Tells UN Chief That Golan Is Forever Israel's - February 16th, 2018
- Netanyahu Blocks West Bank Annexation, But Backs Taking More Control - February 16th, 2018
- Pentagon Watchdog: No Significant Progress Made in Afghanistan - February 16th, 2018
- Turkish Army Accused of Hitting Syria's Afrin With Gas Attack - February 16th, 2018
- US, Turkey Agree to Avoid Clash Over Manbij - February 16th, 2018