Speaking today from a Paris counter-terrorism summit, Attorney General Eric Holder declared the United States to be “at war” with “lone wolf” terrorists who are able to “float under the radar screens.”
Exactly how a nation can he at war with people who by definition don’t have any explicit affiliation is unclear, but Holder insisted the administration is determined to “take the fight” to the lone wolves.
Officials have been keen to present lone wolves as a major problem since the Ottawa attack, which was carried out by a man with no known connections to any terror groups.
Rep. Michael McCaul (R – TX) urged Europe to impose more travel restrictions to prevent would-be fighters from being able to go to Yemen and Syria to get training from militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Plans to 'Counter' Russia and China in Africa - December 13th, 2018
- Bolton: Trump Won't Meet Putin While Russia Holds Ukrainian Ships - December 13th, 2018
- Turkey Builds Up Military at Syria Border for Planned Offensive - December 13th, 2018
- Israel to Approve Thousands of Unauthorized West Bank Settler Homes - December 13th, 2018
- Yemen Talks End With Ceasefire Agreed for Hodeidah - December 13th, 2018