Syrian Kurdish forces led by the People’s Protection Units (YPG) have reported at least 44 ISIS fighters have been killed in fighting against them today, with the largest battles around the village of Qassiab.
Qassiab, in the Hasakeh Province, was taken earlier in the week by ISIS, though the YPG reported retaking it on Tuesday. 30 ISIS fighters were reported killed today in the push against it.
The Hasakeh Province has been a struggle for ISIS in recent days, as the Syrian military also reported major death tolls against ISIS fighters in recent days in fighting around the Kurdish dominated region.
The other 14 fighters were reported slain in Kobani, in the Aleppo Province, an important Kurdish city over which they’ve been battling for many weeks now. So far, the Kurds continue to hold it.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Kills Dozens of Afghan Forces in Attacks on Checkpoints - October 14th, 2018
- Bombing Kills 22 at Afghanistan Election Rally - October 14th, 2018
- Israel to Expand Settlement in Hebron, First Time in 16 Years - October 14th, 2018
- Syria's Al-Qaeda Will Accept Idlib Deal - October 14th, 2018
- South Korea President: North Korea Leader Sincere, Should Be Rewarded - October 14th, 2018