Syrian Kurdish forces led by the People’s Protection Units (YPG) have reported at least 44 ISIS fighters have been killed in fighting against them today, with the largest battles around the village of Qassiab.
Qassiab, in the Hasakeh Province, was taken earlier in the week by ISIS, though the YPG reported retaking it on Tuesday. 30 ISIS fighters were reported killed today in the push against it.
The Hasakeh Province has been a struggle for ISIS in recent days, as the Syrian military also reported major death tolls against ISIS fighters in recent days in fighting around the Kurdish dominated region.
The other 14 fighters were reported slain in Kobani, in the Aleppo Province, an important Kurdish city over which they’ve been battling for many weeks now. So far, the Kurds continue to hold it.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017