Speculation continues to fly surrounding Saja al-Dulaimi, a woman from Samarra captured in Lebanon, who Lebanese officials insist is the wife of ISIS caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
Dulaimi was “arrested” along with her four-year-old daughter and two sons of an unspecified age, but younger than four. The Lebanese government is claiming DNA proof that all of the children are “potentially” Baghdadi’s.
Puzzlingly enough, Lebanon also claims that Dulaimi was Baghdadi’s wife for three months over six years ago, which would make it even odder if all three of her children, much younger than six, were somehow his.
Dulaimi and the children are being held on charges of traveling with a fake ID. Iraqi officials say she is the sister of a “terror suspect” they are holding, and not believed to be the wife of Baghdadi. Lebanese officials are hoping to trade her to ISIS for the 20-plus Lebanese soldiers they captured in August.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalans Rally at Barcelona Parliament, Push for Independence - October 21st, 2017
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017