After pushing back into the Sha’ar Gas Field late last week, ISIS seems to be continuing their offensive in the Homs Province, now taking the nearby Jahar field.
ISIS posted photos showing their flag flying over the Jahar field today online, and also posted photos they claimed were Syrian vehicles and weaponry seized during the battle to take the site.
Casualties were not reported so far, but ISIS’ statement claimed they’d not only taken the gas field, but the village of Jahar as well, and had taken two tanks among the vehicles.
The gas fields in Homs are one of the last major energy resources that the Syrian government still had, and their loss would further weaken the economy of the Assad government’s territory, while further expanding the already oil-rich ISIS control over regional energy reserves.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017