A US drone strike against North Waziristan Agency destroyed a house today, killing five people within, and wounding three others. Pakistani officials reported all of the slain were ethnic Uzbeks.
According to Pakistani intelligence officials, one of the slain was a “Uzbek militant commander,” though they did not name him. None of the other slain or wounded were identified.
As usual, of course, Pakistan labeled all of the slain suspects, though they offered no indication of whether the wounded were suspects, within the house, or simply bystanders.
The Pakistani government had previously been complaining about US drone strikes against their territory, though they have been mum on recent attacks, with several strikes over the last month going totally uncommented upon.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump: Afghan War Decisions Made - August 19th, 2017
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017