A US drone strike against North Waziristan Agency destroyed a house today, killing five people within, and wounding three others. Pakistani officials reported all of the slain were ethnic Uzbeks.
According to Pakistani intelligence officials, one of the slain was a “Uzbek militant commander,” though they did not name him. None of the other slain or wounded were identified.
As usual, of course, Pakistan labeled all of the slain suspects, though they offered no indication of whether the wounded were suspects, within the house, or simply bystanders.
The Pakistani government had previously been complaining about US drone strikes against their territory, though they have been mum on recent attacks, with several strikes over the last month going totally uncommented upon.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Claims ISIS 'Rebuilding' in Syria as Turkey Invasion Distracts From Fight - March 19th, 2018
- Turkey's Erdogan Vows Wider Offensive Against US-Backed Syrian Kurds - March 19th, 2018
- Russia Demands British Apology as EU, NATO Express Solidarity With Britain - March 19th, 2018
- Trump, Kim Summit Likely to Be Held in DMZ Village - March 19th, 2018
- Afghan Special Forces Slaughter Farmers in Chaotic Errant Attack - March 19th, 2018