A US drone strike against North Waziristan Agency destroyed a house today, killing five people within, and wounding three others. Pakistani officials reported all of the slain were ethnic Uzbeks.
According to Pakistani intelligence officials, one of the slain was a “Uzbek militant commander,” though they did not name him. None of the other slain or wounded were identified.
As usual, of course, Pakistan labeled all of the slain suspects, though they offered no indication of whether the wounded were suspects, within the house, or simply bystanders.
The Pakistani government had previously been complaining about US drone strikes against their territory, though they have been mum on recent attacks, with several strikes over the last month going totally uncommented upon.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Furious Trump Threatens Iranian President Will 'Suffer Consequences' - July 22nd, 2018
- Ceasefire Allows Thousands of Yemenis to Flee Port City of Hodeidah - July 22nd, 2018
- Israel Evacuates Hundreds of White Helmets From Syria Into Jordan - July 22nd, 2018
- US Launches Campaign to Undermine Support for Iran's Leaders - July 22nd, 2018
- Israel Offers to Reopen Gaza Crossing on Tuesday If Ceasefire Holds - July 22nd, 2018