A US drone strike against North Waziristan Agency destroyed a house today, killing five people within, and wounding three others. Pakistani officials reported all of the slain were ethnic Uzbeks.
According to Pakistani intelligence officials, one of the slain was a “Uzbek militant commander,” though they did not name him. None of the other slain or wounded were identified.
As usual, of course, Pakistan labeled all of the slain suspects, though they offered no indication of whether the wounded were suspects, within the house, or simply bystanders.
The Pakistani government had previously been complaining about US drone strikes against their territory, though they have been mum on recent attacks, with several strikes over the last month going totally uncommented upon.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Peshmerga: Iraqi Offensive Is a 'Declaration of War' - October 16th, 2017
- Thousands Flee as Iraqi Forces Seize Kirkuk - October 16th, 2017
- Pentagon Backs Away as US Allies Prepare to Battle in Iraqi Kurdistan - October 16th, 2017
- North Korea Rejects US Talks Amid Threats - October 16th, 2017
- Spain Ratchets Up Threats as Catalonia Refuses to Respond - October 16th, 2017