A US drone strike against North Waziristan Agency destroyed a house today, killing five people within, and wounding three others. Pakistani officials reported all of the slain were ethnic Uzbeks.
According to Pakistani intelligence officials, one of the slain was a “Uzbek militant commander,” though they did not name him. None of the other slain or wounded were identified.
As usual, of course, Pakistan labeled all of the slain suspects, though they offered no indication of whether the wounded were suspects, within the house, or simply bystanders.
The Pakistani government had previously been complaining about US drone strikes against their territory, though they have been mum on recent attacks, with several strikes over the last month going totally uncommented upon.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017