Delivering his latest speech at the UN General Assembly, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sought, as usual, to make everything about Iran, trying to make clear his position on the threats of various factions vis-a-vis Israel.
Netanyahu declared Iran the “gravest threat” to the world, saying that defeating ISIS without also defeating Iran “is to win the battle and lose the war.” Israel has repeatedly insisted they oppose any nuclear deal with Iran.
Beyond Iran being the worst threat, Netanyahu also said ISIS was equivalent to Hamas, and saying that he didn’t believe Iran is actually opposed to ISIS, even though Iran has had troops in Iraq fighting ISIS for months.
“Hamas is ISIS and ISIS is Hamas,” Netanyahu insisted, saying that he will never agree on Israel pulling back from occupied territories because they could become “havens for militants.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018
- Cordial Talks Between Trump and Putin; Two Will Meet Soon - March 20th, 2018
- ISIS Takes Area South of Damascus, Driving Out Army - March 20th, 2018
- Scores of Civilians Killed as Strikes Hit Eastern Ghouta School, Market - March 20th, 2018
- Turkey Threatens to Attack Syrian Town Held by US Troops - March 20th, 2018