Delivering his latest speech at the UN General Assembly, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sought, as usual, to make everything about Iran, trying to make clear his position on the threats of various factions vis-a-vis Israel.
Netanyahu declared Iran the “gravest threat” to the world, saying that defeating ISIS without also defeating Iran “is to win the battle and lose the war.” Israel has repeatedly insisted they oppose any nuclear deal with Iran.
Beyond Iran being the worst threat, Netanyahu also said ISIS was equivalent to Hamas, and saying that he didn’t believe Iran is actually opposed to ISIS, even though Iran has had troops in Iraq fighting ISIS for months.
“Hamas is ISIS and ISIS is Hamas,” Netanyahu insisted, saying that he will never agree on Israel pulling back from occupied territories because they could become “havens for militants.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Expects to Meet Kim Again After Hanoi Summit - February 20th, 2019
- Putin Warns US Against Putting Missiles in Europe to Target Russia - February 20th, 2019
- US Envoy 'Warns' Lebanon Over Hezbollah Cabinet Posts - February 19th, 2019
- Gen. Votel Contradicts Trump on Foreign Policy, Now Hypes Afghanistan 'Threat' - February 19th, 2019
- Ahead of New Summit, Trump Says 'No Rush' for North Korea Denuclearization - February 19th, 2019