Algerian jihadist group Jund al-Khalaifah (soldiers of the Caliphate) has beheaded 55-year-old French hostage Herve Gourdel in a new video released today.
Jund al-Khalaifah kidnapped Gourdel, a mountaineering guide, over the weekend, and had demanded the French government withdraw from the US-led war against ISIS in Syria and Iraq within 24 hours. The French refused, and Gourdel was executed, in what the group called a “message of blood for the French government.”
This way just be the first in a series of killings by other Islamist factions over the ISIS war, with Abu Sayyaf, in the Philippines, threatening to kill two German hostages if the German government doesn’t end its support to the US war.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017