New information related to the treatment of ISIS detainees, including the recently executed journalist James Foley, show that the militants have subjected several to torture, or in the parlance of US officials, “enhanced interrogation techniques.”
“They knew exactly how it was done,” one person reported. It’s unsurprising, as no small number of ISIS fighters are former US detainees, and were doubtless waterboarded themselves in captivity.
For years, it was feared that the use of waterboarding by US forces put Americans abroad at risk of the same treatment. Now, it seems that fear it becoming practice, and when looking for an education on brutal treatment of detainees, ISIS found a perfect template in the US occupation they know all too well.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea's Kim Jails, Executes Opponents of Peace Process - February 20th, 2019
- Trump Expects to Meet Kim Again After Hanoi Summit - February 20th, 2019
- Putin Warns US Against Putting Missiles in Europe to Target Russia - February 20th, 2019
- US Envoy 'Warns' Lebanon Over Hezbollah Cabinet Posts - February 19th, 2019
- Gen. Votel Contradicts Trump on Foreign Policy, Now Hypes Afghanistan 'Threat' - February 19th, 2019