New information related to the treatment of ISIS detainees, including the recently executed journalist James Foley, show that the militants have subjected several to torture, or in the parlance of US officials, “enhanced interrogation techniques.”
“They knew exactly how it was done,” one person reported. It’s unsurprising, as no small number of ISIS fighters are former US detainees, and were doubtless waterboarded themselves in captivity.
For years, it was feared that the use of waterboarding by US forces put Americans abroad at risk of the same treatment. Now, it seems that fear it becoming practice, and when looking for an education on brutal treatment of detainees, ISIS found a perfect template in the US occupation they know all too well.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Kurds Say Russian Warplanes Attacked Them - September 25th, 2017
- North Korea Says Trump Has Declared War, US Says No - September 25th, 2017
- Palestinian Authority to Convene in Gaza Amid Reconciliation Push - September 25th, 2017
- Spanish Officials Declare Catalonia Referendum 'Discredited' - September 25th, 2017
- Spain's Attorney General: Catalan President May Face Arrest - September 25th, 2017