New information related to the treatment of ISIS detainees, including the recently executed journalist James Foley, show that the militants have subjected several to torture, or in the parlance of US officials, “enhanced interrogation techniques.”
“They knew exactly how it was done,” one person reported. It’s unsurprising, as no small number of ISIS fighters are former US detainees, and were doubtless waterboarded themselves in captivity.
For years, it was feared that the use of waterboarding by US forces put Americans abroad at risk of the same treatment. Now, it seems that fear it becoming practice, and when looking for an education on brutal treatment of detainees, ISIS found a perfect template in the US occupation they know all too well.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018