Israel continues to escalate its attacks on the Gaza Strip, focusing on residential areas, including an apartment block destroyed overnight, nominally because the huge complex included a Hamas ‘command center.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu followed up the destruction demanding all Gazans “evacuate immediately from every site” that has any Hamas usage and to “stay away from terrorists.”
That means there’s literally no place to go, since everything in the Gaza Strip, including the refugee shelters, have been claimed by Israelis at one time or another as a “terrorist” site.
That’s been the continuing theme of the Israeli onslaught on the Gaza Strip, with Israel constantly ordering civilians out of their homes in anticipation of imminent attack, but not a single safe place for them to flee to.
There’s no end in sight to the war either, with another 10,000 reservists being approved for callup today, bringing the total called up during the war to 108,000. Some have been sent back for rest, as Israel tries not to leave reservists on active duty for more than a month at a time.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- General Seeks Permission to Declassify Sites of 'Dud' US Strikes in Mosul - August 17th, 2017
- Tillerson: US to Honor Japan Defense Pact, Including Contested Island Claims - August 17th, 2017
- South Korea's President Moon Rules Out War on Korean Peninsula - August 17th, 2017
- Assange Meets Rep. Rohrabacher, Vows to Prove Leaks Didn't Come From Russia - August 17th, 2017
- UN Report: Saudis Killed 502 Children in Yemen in Past Year - August 17th, 2017