Having apparently run low on UN schools and power plants to hit in the Gaza Strip, the Israeli military is turning its sights on what few large buildings remain to be destroyed in the tiny enclave.
That means a refocus to targeting major apartment blocks and office complex, leveling huge residential and commercial sites. At least four have been razed to the ground in 24 hours.
The largest building, a 13-story apartment block, had 43 different units, and was destroyed in the attack. Israel claimed Hamas was using one of the apartment units as a “command center.” At least 17 people were wounded in that attack.
At least 16 people were killed today in attacks, only one was identified as having any Hamas ties, and he was identified as a “money launderer.” Exact death tolls are impossible to come by in the ongoing war, but over 2,100 Gazans have been killed in the latest Israeli war, overwhelmingly civilians and about 500 of them children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraqi Oil Ministry Warns World Against Making Oil Deals With Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- CIA Chief: North Korea on Cusp of Ability to Hit US With Nukes - October 19th, 2017
- Spain to Revoke Catalan Autonomy on Saturday - October 19th, 2017
- Taliban Destroys Afghan Army Base in Kandahar - October 19th, 2017
- Germany Suspends Training for Iraqi Kurdish Troops - October 18th, 2017