Having apparently run low on UN schools and power plants to hit in the Gaza Strip, the Israeli military is turning its sights on what few large buildings remain to be destroyed in the tiny enclave.
That means a refocus to targeting major apartment blocks and office complex, leveling huge residential and commercial sites. At least four have been razed to the ground in 24 hours.
The largest building, a 13-story apartment block, had 43 different units, and was destroyed in the attack. Israel claimed Hamas was using one of the apartment units as a “command center.” At least 17 people were wounded in that attack.
At least 16 people were killed today in attacks, only one was identified as having any Hamas ties, and he was identified as a “money launderer.” Exact death tolls are impossible to come by in the ongoing war, but over 2,100 Gazans have been killed in the latest Israeli war, overwhelmingly civilians and about 500 of them children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Afghan Taliban Commander's House, Killing 15 - July 17th, 2018
- Trump: No Time Limit for Denuclearization of North Korea - July 17th, 2018
- Afghan Govt Rejects Idea of US-Taliban Peace Talks - July 17th, 2018
- Israeli Army Told to Prepare for Large-Scale Invasion of Gaza - July 17th, 2018
- Lawmakers, Media Look to Undermine US-Russia Detente - July 17th, 2018