Having apparently run low on UN schools and power plants to hit in the Gaza Strip, the Israeli military is turning its sights on what few large buildings remain to be destroyed in the tiny enclave.
That means a refocus to targeting major apartment blocks and office complex, leveling huge residential and commercial sites. At least four have been razed to the ground in 24 hours.
The largest building, a 13-story apartment block, had 43 different units, and was destroyed in the attack. Israel claimed Hamas was using one of the apartment units as a “command center.” At least 17 people were wounded in that attack.
At least 16 people were killed today in attacks, only one was identified as having any Hamas ties, and he was identified as a “money launderer.” Exact death tolls are impossible to come by in the ongoing war, but over 2,100 Gazans have been killed in the latest Israeli war, overwhelmingly civilians and about 500 of them children.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017
- North Korea Warns of Nuclear War If 'Reckless' US Drill Leads to Actual Fighting - August 20th, 2017
- Iraq PM Announces Invasion of Tal Afar, Sparking New Refugee Exodus - August 20th, 2017
- Trump to Announce New Afghan War Strategy Monday Night - August 20th, 2017