US officials have been keen to build up the threat of ISIS to ever broader, ever more hysterical levels. Sen. James Inhofe (R – OK) even claimed they’re close to coming up with some secret way to wipe out an entire major US city.
The honest assessments aren’t nearly so alarmist, with the FBI conceding in a bulletin issued to local law enforcement today that there is no specific or credible threat of an ISIS terror attack on the US.
That report was only meant to go to law enforcement, and not to the public, which they’re still trying to scare into supporting an ever-growing war in Iraq. The FBI’s public statement for today was about how ISIS is using Facebook to recruit.
Everyone’s looking to parlay the ISIS scaremongering to their respective agendas, with Gov. Rick Perry (R – TX) claiming ISIS might have snuck across the border from Mexico. The Pentagon said there was no evidence of anything like that actually happening.
There is a growing disconnect between the actual threat, and the narrative on exactly how scared we’re supposed to be at any given time.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017