With signs the ongoing Israeli war on the Gaza Strip is again escalating, the Israeli government has ordered the mobilization of another 10,000 reservists, bringing the number called up so far during the war to 96,000.
Israeli military officials say that the 10,000 will replace other reservists who are being temporarily sent home for rest, which also suggests that they are planning the war to be long enough they have to do troop rotations.
Reservists have by and large been deployed into the occupied West Bank, to replace the soldiers there who have been involved in the Gaza invasion. Other reservists have been sent to the area around Gaza to guard border positions.
Israel reported “more than 300” rockets fired out of Gaza since Tuesday, injuring one Israeli. They have launched scores of airstrikes over that period against the strip, killing over 60 Palestinians, mostly civilians.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalonia Threatens Civil Disobedience as Spain Prepares Takeover - October 23rd, 2017
- Senators 'Stunned' to Learn US Has 1,000 Troops in Niger - October 23rd, 2017
- US to Put Nuclear Bombers Back on 24-Hour Alert - October 23rd, 2017
- Niger Mayor: Villagers Suspected of Helping in Ambush of US Troops - October 23rd, 2017
- Iraqi Troops Build Up Near Key Kurdish Oil Export Pipeline - October 23rd, 2017