'We Will Drown You All in Blood'
The Obama Administration continues to poke the ISIS hornet’s nest with a stick today, escalating airstrikes against targets around the valuable Mosul Dam. Everyone agrees the strikes won’t be decisive in the war against ISIS, but they’re definitely getting the US noticed, in a bad way.
Once content to focus on targets in Syria and Iraq, ISIS is now threatening to attack Americans at any time and any place in the world, and vows “we will drown you all in blood.”
The administration has used the “threat” of ISIS as a pretext for its war, but the reality is that the threat is almost entirely a function of the US having thrust itself into the war in the first place.
It isn’t even just ISIS, though surely making America a target of the biggest and best-funded Islamist faction on the planet wasn’t the wisest of moves. Other jihadist groups, like al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) are also stepping up calls for strikes on the US, citing the Iraq strikes.
Jihadist groups the world over are putting themselves back on a US-centric path because of America’s new involvement in the Iraq war, and will likely enjoy an influx of recruits with such a new, high-profile target.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Storms Checkpoint, Kills Seven Libyan Soldiers - July 31st, 2015
- NATO Agrees to Launch New Training Program for Iraqi Military - July 31st, 2015
- Arson Killing Puts Israel's Policy on 'Price Tag' Attacks in Spotlight - July 31st, 2015
- Turkey Offers Airbase for US to Fight ISIS, But With Limits - July 31st, 2015
- US Intel Agencies: ISIS No Weaker After Year of US Bombings - July 31st, 2015